Friday, December 22, 2017

AOTY 2017: Top 10 EPs


Shuffling through releases of my favorite format, I saw new violent Svartidauði material, as well as Sinmara and finally another One Tail, One Head EP. Great new bands come around, like Abkehr, Daeva, Chevalier, Thantifaxath’s mini album appealed to me more than their full length a couple of years ago and Poison Blood was a reasonable / nice crossover. Fever Nest was the best gift of the year and close to the epitome of filth, just how it’s done. I want to change my approach to end year lists drastically in the future, but I hope this kind will stick around.

~~~

10. Poison BloodPoison Blood
9. ChevalierA Call to Arms
8. One Tail, One HeadFirebirds b/w Prowess
7. Oranssi Pazuzu - Kevät / Värimyrsky
6. DaevaPulsing Dark Absorptions
5. SvartidauðiUntitled
4. Thantifaxath - Void Masquerading As Matter
3. AbkehrIn Asche
2. SinmaraWithin the Weaves of Infinity
1. Fever Nest – Black Carrion Fowl

No comments:

Post a Comment